Welcome

Digital Writing

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Martin Luther King, Jr.

He died today. Martin Luther King, Jr. died today. He was young. January 15, 1929 - April 4, 1968. I wonder if he knew it. If he knew that something was changing. Is there an aura or feeling one has when we're about to be killed? I hope he never knew what hit him, I hope it was so fast that his soul was still talking while his body was leaving.

Do we have any people of this caliber living today? I just don't know. We have become "soft" in the way a fruit ripens and is no longer able to be left outside of the fridge. It is difficult to be willing to live hard, or die for a cause when we have so much comfort surrounding us. I hope there is someone to come forth and claim the righteousness that embodied MLK. I pray that there is someone like that living now. I pray that he or she will come forward and be ready to do battle with the minions of hatred and separatism. The world needs a new leader with the depth and dimension of MLK. I think President Obama is close, but he is at once a brilliant man, a complex person, and a politician. It's the politician part of him that creates the difficulty. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment